Saturday, October 9, 2010

John Neff House in Strasburg, PA

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=216011846557180505928.0004bd54ce0e10668594a&msa=0&ll=39.951213,-76.184506&spn=0.008718,0.010815 This link will take you to Google Maps so you can see where the house is.

We were unable to find the house John Neff built the last time I was in Strasburg, PA. I didn't have the map. I remembered it was off May Post Office Road but it was not just left of May Post like I remembered.  You can turn from May Post onto Sawmill Road and continue west to Weaver Road.  I don't know the exact address, but if you Google 622 Weaver Road it shows the forked lane going up to the house.  It is a private home, so if you choose to go, be respectful of the family that owns it.

I don't know how to remove the map below.  It actually shows the house, but it is up in the top left corner just after you turn left off of Sawmill Road.


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Billy said...

The John Neff home is the home off the section of Weaver Road that lies between Sawmill Rd and Bunkerhill Rd. It is set back a little ways from the road and has a pond between the home and the road.

Alice said...

Thank you Billy,
I have now found it on the map and will go there this summer and take some pictures. Do you have pictures of the house?